B4HPDX began life in 2005 as a project of Community Exchange Bike School/Exchange Cycle Tours. For several years, we operated out of donated space at the founder’s house.
In May 2014, we expanded and moved our bike school and shop into the commercial space at 3354 SE Powell Blvd in Portland.
In Nov. 2014, we opened our first off-site bike co-op, Chain Reaction, our partnership with Central City Concern and Give Them Bikes!
In May 2016 we opened our satellite hub at Gresham’s Main City Park.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Bikes For Humanity PDX (B4HPDX) is a 501c3 non-profit bike shop and school. Our mission is to substantially increase public access to affordable and safe bicycles while empowering self-sufficiency in bicycle maintenance and commute.
We work towards this mission with several programs:
- Our bike shop & school joins donors, volunteers, and adopters, to transition under-utilized bicycles back into service.
- Our financial aid process allows bicyclists of any economic status to gain access to refurbished bicycles.
- Our Volunteer Mechanics Classes train volunteers via professional instruction, curriculum, tools, and workspace to refurbish donated bicycles.
- We create and maintain co-ops with partners around Portland. (Check us out in Gresham this summer!)
- We provide repairs at public events.